While receiving gifts are some people’s love language, giving them is mine. I love giving thoughtful, unique & creative gifts. Sometimes, it can be hard to think of just the right thing though! Enter: Om Mama’s Creative Holiday Gift Guide for yourself or a mama (or really, anyone special!) in your life! Let me know, what are your favorite gifts to give? To receive?
Experiences are always my favorite gift to give (and receive!) Whether it’s concert tickets, a cooking class, or membership to my favorite museum, experience gifts are the gifts that keep on giving! Om Mama offers monthly events that are *GREAT* experience gifts – like our upcoming cooking class collaboration with Katherine Bueche on December 4th! (details + tickets here!) Here are some of our favorite local experience businesses that are also a part of the Om Mama Collective!
- The Works: offers a wide variety of hands-on classes geared around building community + igniting your passions!
- Social Creative: Check out our upcoming collaboration with Social Creative: Freedom Movement where you can join us for a dancey yoga/barre session at Bohemian Studios and let your hair down with a silent disco!
- AR Workshop: canvas pillows, chunky knit blankets, hand-lettering and more! Take a gal pal and unleash your creativity!
Self care gifts are the ultimate gift of love! They can take the shape of anything from face masks to bath bombs, essential oils or candles, a cozy weighted blanket or mug for your favorite tea. Combine self care + experiences and book an appointment for a mani-pedi or float session. If fitness is up your alley, consider buying a class package at a fitness studio like Barre3, Flywheel, or yoga.
Nothing beats the relaxing & full body benefits of a great massage! Check out some of our local favorite masseuses: Lexi of Kálon Spa, Meghan Devonport, Julieanne of Vital Flow, and Abby of Shakti Bodywork!
- Family Session – Family photo sessions are a great way to celebrate this season of life! If you don’t take family photos regularly, this can easily be something that gets over looked. Before you know it, your kids are as tall as you are! If they did have photos taken this year, you could give them a gift card for a print or if it’s in your wheel house, you could even design a family album for them! Check out this post to read my top 5 favorite ways to print your photos!
- Branding Session – if the lady in your life is running her own side-hustle? Gift her a branding portrait session so she can have some professional images to use on her social media/marketing!
- Check out some of the insanely talented family photographers that are a part of the Om Mama Collective here!
- Have you heard of Armoire? It’s a designer rental clothing subscription service founded right here in Seattle! They offer an extensive style assessment, and can even set you up with a stylist in person! Instead of gifting one sweater this year, gift a rotating closet of fabulous pieces! Plus, they’re running a promotion right now that lets you try your first two months for just $75!
- Treat yourself: update your hair cut and color with Jen Lagers or Kelsey of Gather + Co.! It’s amazing the difference a fresh cut can make!
- Organize a shopping spree at a local store or beauty boutique, schedule a blow out, or get your makeup done for that family photo session!
Peace of Mind
- Organization Services: Is your mama struggling with *finally* getting that one room organized, cleaned up and sorted? Take some of the weight off her shoulders and hire a consultation with a professional organizer like Organized by Lisa or Simplifying the Everyday that can help you get on track!
- Other ideas to take some of the stress out of the every day flow are things like meal planning services or scheduling apps!
Local Products: Spend like it Matters
Keep it local – where you spend your money matters. One of my favorite resources is Intentionalist.com. Shop at these local brick and mortars to support women, minority, veteran, family, LGBTQ and disability owned businesses and social enterprises.
Three of our favorite mama-owned product businesses here in Seattle are Simple Goodness Sisters, Seattle Elderberry and Constellation & Co.!
The gift that keeps on giving: Om Mama Co. Membership!
Love the sound of ALL of these gift ideas?! And want to give them year round?! As an Om Mama Member, you get discounts on ALL of these, and MORE! Plus hours of educational content online, monthly in person events AND a community of like-minded women in Seattle, eager to help keep you accountable to taking care of yourself this year! For just $19/mo or $171/year! See all of our amazing collective business owners here! and join our community today at members.ommamaco.com – we can’t wait to meet you!
Happy holidays from our family to yours!